Friday, January 19, 2018

Now THIS is what I call a real copper kettle!  I wonder what kind of goodies were cooked up in this?  I just love touring these old restoration villages.  Stepping back into the past for a few hours is a calming respite from this racing world we live in today. This photo is one I took in Hancock Village a few years ago.  There's just something so homey and comforting about an old fireplace filled with pots and kettles.  They speak of meals cooked long ago that welcomed a family home from the fields after a long day of farming, don't they. I can imagine the scent of stew wafting through the windows as they trudged towards home...  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  New Pattern in my Etsy shop this morning: www.etsy.com/shop/DianeKnottLLC #embroiderypattern #Valdani #floralembroidery #DianeKnottpatt...