Friday, January 19, 2018

What do you like to collect?  I love vintage laces and linens.  When I think of the hours of delicate work that was put into them, I'm in awe.  Such skill! These are treasures I know I'd never have the patience to learn how to do.  I can crochet, but this delicate work seems to have been done by tiny fairy fingers, don't you think?  I know I could manage the embroidered ones, but definitely not the teensy, tiny, delicately crocheted edging with those fine threads.  They're treasures to be carefully tended....


 

3 comments:

  1. I collect oil lamps, Early American Pressed Glass creamers, vintage ice blue glass and American Folk Art. My husband says I collect quilt fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Patti, I think your husband is probably right, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard for me to resist hand crocheted doilies and embroidered linens. I also love old soft as can be table cloths, the kind that have fruit or poinsettia borders. So homey and reminiscent of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete

  New Pattern in my Etsy shop this morning: www.etsy.com/shop/DianeKnottLLC #embroiderypattern #Valdani #floralembroidery #DianeKnottpatt...